Friday, February 26, 2010

Of lost guides

Aah ... It seems you can take one out of Maudlin City but you can't take the city out of one's mind.

Would it that I could divest myself of this slow malaise that forever bites and nibbles at my consciousness. To beg for it to leave me with some semblance of peace. Or sanity, if it is not too much to ask. Alas, my cries for reprieve falls on deaf and uncaring ears ... for needs must to survive, and what is one frail mortal against the world?

I look to the sky last night, uncaring that I was traversing the busy streets of KL. Around me the hustle and bustle of a city that defiantly refuses to be ignored clamored for my attention: hawkers stridently call out for customs, stalls waft with teasing smells of delectable repasts. But no, my eyes are locked on the heavens, trying to look beyond the clouds scudding across my vision; trying to look beyond my self anchored to this material plane.

We may be sparks of the divine, breathed into life by the Supreme Maker -- given thoughts independent of outside influence, save those of our own allowance and making. But last night I felt so insignificant and lost. The silver disk of Selene mocks me with her absence and the heavens refused my sight. 

No comments:

Followers