Friday, July 29, 2011

Of songs and such

I found that after the heartbreak that my mood vacillates between almost-suicidal depression and almost-homicidal irritable. I wished Society wouldn’t frown too much should I decide to knife someone I the face but alas, the masses still subscribe to a certain standard that my sometimes-anarchist loved to buck against.

Then again, Society perhaps would feel rather strongly towards my obsessive attempts at reclaiming what was lost.

It should be noted that I display disturbingly polarized behaviours it becomes taxing at times to find a middle ground.

However much I’d like to wallow in misery, what’s done is done and there is no turning back. I may perhaps look fondly on the past but I won’t stare. Or at least, look too long. I entertained nostalgia once 10 years ago and it almost landed me a basket case …

So, in moving forward I did an inventory of the stages I went through: Denial. Rage. Apathetic numbness. Bitterness. Apathetic numbness. Despair. Apathetic numbness. Rage. Apathetic numbness. Rage. Bitterness. Rage. Clarity. Rage. Apathetic numbness. Acceptance.

I supposed my state of mind could be divined by some of the songs I listened to in my playlist below: 
(in no particular order)

Remember November – Juliana Hatfield
These Arms of Mine – Otis Redding
1000 Oceans – Tori Amos
Over and Uder – Egypt Central
Call Me When You’re Sober – Evanescence
You Oughta Know – Alanis Morissette
Not As We – Alanis Morissette
Foolish Games – Jewel
Try – Asher Book
Out Here on My Own – Naturi Naughton
Still Reminds Me – Anggun
Limp – Fiona Apple
Just Lust – Juliana Hatfield
Fuck and Run – Liz Phair
Gives You Hell – The All-American Rejects
Move Along – The All-American Rejects
A Few Words Too Many – Billie Myers
Army of Me – Bjork
Fighter – Christina Aguilera
Linger – The Cranberries
Get Over me – Marion Raven
Heads Will Roll – Marion Raven
Unforgivable Sinner – Lene Marlin
You Will Cry No More – Lene Marlin
Who Let In the Rain – Cyndi Lauper
You Could Have – Lene Marlin
Scar – Missy Higgins
Fast As You Can – Fiona Apple
Stalker – Turin Breaks
Overrated – Siobhan Donaghy
Overpower Thee – Melissa Auf der Maur
Divided – Tara MacLean
Better That We Break – Maroon 5
Going Under – Evanescence
I Want Out – Helloween
How Do I? – Lee Ryan
Here With Me – Dido
Hunter- Dido
Not Ready to Make Nice – Dixie Chicks
Lost Without You – Dream Theater
Here We Are – Lene Marlin
Table for One – Liz Phair
Where I Stood – Missy Higgins
Wedding Dress – Matt Nathanson
Why Do You Love Me? – Garbage
Farewell Party – Juliet Orange
My Happy Ending – Avril Lavigne
10 000 Promises – Backstreet Boys
Don’t Say You Love Me – The Corrs
Go Your Own Way – Fleetwood Mac
Taffy – Lisa Loeb and Nine Stories
Your House – Alanis Morissette
You Won’t See Me Cry – Wilson Phillips
In My Veins – Andrew Belle
No More I Love Yous – Annie Lennox
Big Mistake – Natalie Imbruglia
This Mess We’re In – PJ Harvey
Now I’m Gone – Juliana Hatfield


No comments:

Followers