Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Of letting go

One would think that letting go is easy. Theoretically speaking, it's a simple matter of uncurling one's fingers one by one and release may be found. 


I wouldn't know if it's easy as all that. 


Or even as hellish an ordeal as some would make it to be. 


Things, people --- good and bad --- will come and go. The cycle will repeat itself and like it or not we have to roll with the punches. And maybe land a couple of our own in the meantime.


I don't pretend to possess the collective wisdom of ages, nor am I adept at prognostication. Like most, I blunder on and get by on wits and instinct. I've been lucky enough to land on my feet but make no mistake, it's not all a charmed life. Some of my winnings happen through fighting tooth and nail, swallowing my rage, and generally smiling at people I'd like to jam a knife into --- all in the name of making sure I make it in the long run.


Aaaahh ... the things we do to survive.



No comments:

Followers